- The types of personal information which we collect and hold.
- With whom we may share personal information.
- For how long we hold personal information.
- What procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
We may collect and hold without limitation:
- Information which you voluntarily provide to us when using our services or this website including.
- Your title, name, marital status, accommodation status, number of dependents, postal address(es), telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), date of birth, employment details (employer name, employer’s address as well as your employment history), monthly income and expenditure details for you as well as your joint applicant (if applicable), bank details (sort code, account number and card number) and your IP address
- Information about the vehicle(s) in which you have expressed an interest in leasing
- Information which will enable us to ascertain your credit status
- Information obtained by us from third parties, such as credit reference agencies
- Information about your use of this website.
If you do not wish to disclose the information required for us to provide our services, we may not be able to execute the contract, which would result in the termination of our service.
Should you enter into a contract with us, we may contact you by letter, e-mail, telephone or SMS. If you would rather not be contacted by us, please let us know by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may record and store telephone calls, emails or any other form of electronic communication for training and quality monitoring purposes as well a way to validate any instructions given to us by you or by you to us.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose:
- information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings.
- aggregate statistics to third parties which are made up from statistics in respect of individual persons but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
- personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers, trades people and insurers (names and addresses only in the latter case).
- personal information to credit reference agencies and other persons from whom we require to take references about you prior to letting.
- credit/debit card information to third parties to the appropriate credit card company when we process payment for sales.
- personal information to the providers of direct marketing services.
- personal information to other companies within our group.
- personal information to the finance provider so that they can generate the agreement.
- personal information to the supplying dealer group so that the vehicle can be ordered and delivered to you.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above and / or general legal obligation that we may have. This should be no longer than 6 years plus the current tax year.
Under The GDPR, you have the right to erasure (the right to be forgotten). Examples of where this may apply as well as some examples of where personal data may be deleted are as follows but not limited to –
- Where you withdraw consent to us using and or processing your data.
- Where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Where there is no legitimate interest for us to continue to process your data.
- Where the personal data was unlawfully processed.
WHAT PROCEDURES DO WE USE TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY?
We undertake to process the personal information which we collect in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and other applicable laws relating to data protection.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised and electronic personal information on computers and/or CD-ROMs and/or a server held at the address noted below. We also hold tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information at the address noted below. From time to time, certain CD-ROMs or tangible (or ‘hard copy’) personal information may be transported by us to or from the address noted below.
This website contains links to other websites. Equally, other websites may provide links to this website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies, if any, of every website which you use.
Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You are entitled in law to receive a copy of personal information or data about you which is held by us at any time, otherwise known as a subject access request. We will provide this information to you initially free of charge however, we may charge a £10incVAT fee should the request be repetitive. This will be provided to you in a machine-readable format such as a CSV file or excel file.
We will also, on written request from you, amend any personal information which we hold about you. Where we amend the personal information which we hold about you, we will generally retain a copy of the previous version for our records. However, as noted above, we will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes noted above.
You can contact us at the following address:
First Vehicle Leasing
2 Baillieston Road
Please note that, if you are under 16 years old, you must provide us with the name and address of your parent or guardian. We will let him or her know that you are providing us with personal information and seek any necessary consent from him or her.
In the highly unlikely event that we compromise your data due to a system malfunction or otherwise, we will notify you and the Information Commissioner’s Office immediately.
If you choose to enter into a contract with us, you will automatically be opted in to direct marketing communications in line with our terms and conditions. The contact details you provide (such as your telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address) may be used by us to send you information about products and services we offer. Your contact details will not be provided to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
You may opt-out from receiving such messages at any time by sending an email to – email@example.com with the word ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the subject or by writing to the address above.
All marketing messages sent to you by us will contain an UNSUBSCRIBE link to allow you to quickly opt-out.
A NOTE ABOUT CREDIT REFERENCE PROCEDURES
In considering your application we or our chosen partners will search your record at credit reference agencies and this may leave a record of the search. This will be seen by other organisations that make searches. Searches will also be made in respect of directors and partners of firms applying for credit. Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to other people with whom you have a financial association. Your application you may be treated as financially linked with them and assessed with reference to any such associated records.
If you are providing us with information on behalf of a joint applicant, director of a firm or anyone else referred by you, you are declaring that you have obtained the permission to do so. Furthermore, you also declare that you are entitled to authorise us to search, link or record information at credit reference agencies for you and anyone else referred by you.
It is important that you give us accurate information. We or our chosen partners will check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. Fraud prevention agency records will also be shared with other organisations to help make decisions on motor and credit proposals, for you and members of your household.
FURTHER IMPORTANT POINTS
For our own administrative, sales, marketing and product / service development purposes, should you wish to proceed with the leasing of a vehicle, we may use your information to obtain a credit check from credit reference agencies:
- to source and obtain vehicle leasing contracts for you.
- for direct marketing purposes.
- to disclose information about you, the joint applicant and anyone referred to by you.
- to authorise us to search, link or record information at credit reference agencies about you and anyone else referred to by you.
- to help make decisions about credit and credit related services.
- to trace debtors, recover debt, and prevent money laundering and fraud.
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
The safety of your data is paramount to us. If you would like to make a complaint regarding the way that we have handled your personal data or talk about anything else regarding data protection, we’d like to hear from you. Please contact Scott Mooney by writing to us: First Vehicle Leasing, 2 Baillieston Road, Glasgow, G32 0QF. You can also call on 0333 00 333 25 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you feel that your complaint has not been handled correctly or if you are dissatisfied with our final response, you may wish to contact The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) within three months of your last contact to us regarding the matter. The ICO is the governing authority for data protection and may be able to assist you with your complaint. They can be contacted by calling 0303 123 9595 or by visiting their website – www.ico.org.uk